Sunday, August 17, 2008

moving away...

...ok, so for the record, we are not moving (again!). But a very good friend of mine who has a daughter the same age as Jacob is.....now I know what it feels like! I guess I took for granted for all the times I have moved in my life, well over 15 times, I never really thought what it was like for the people I left behind. I guess now I am getting a taste of my own medicine!

I am really going to miss McKinsey and Olivia when they leave for Michigan in 2 weeks. We have been here over 2 years so we are bit limited in who we know, but McKinsey and I really clicked. She is dry and sarcastic and in general a lot of fun to be around. Sigh....I guess that will all change but I know they are moving for all the right reasons so I won't put a magic hex on them or anything (plus I am out of magic spells at the moment).

So, for everyone that I have ever moved away from.....I am sorry....I get it how much it really sucks now! I was able to go somewhere new and start over (which sucks by the way) and you were stuck in well, wherever it was I left you (Missouri, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Virgina, California and all the towns in between)! But considering Jacob is only 4 and has moved 3 times in his life I guess we have another gypsy on our hands!

No comments: