Monday, September 8, 2008

VMA's

I usually don't post about mindless TV.....but due to my allergies taking a real hit on me late last night I ended up watching the MTV VMA's. And I have to say I remember it being a big production when I was younger, key word younger, since I discovered last night it is 25 years old now. Sheesh. But this year seemed like it was one step away from a side show at a circus. No real big productions and it seemed more like a bad high school prom. None of the performers were all that memorable, some I didn't even know. Yes, I am getting old! I digress.....I might as well start wearing the mom jeans, drive a soccer mom car and get disgusted with new music......ok, well never, but eh, getting old sucks.

On the flip side of my little rant, Jacob is doing quite well. I guess quite well since he has only had 2 tantrums over the last week. What gives? I guess maybe the change of going to pre-school, napping later, who knows. But loosing his dinosaurs for a week might fix it. I had a fun weekend at the Gettysburg Wine Festival....fun, being used very loosely. If anyone has heard of that thing called a hurricane going through the east coast, yes I was there with the downpours, in grass that turned into a lake, standing on palates, slugging wine out and by the way holding on to our tent in hopes that it didn't blow away. Yesterday was better, and a bit busier, but my ass is beat! This weekend brings judging at the PA State 4-H show and then hopefully getting off on Sunday to see the family. I have either been gone or working every weekend since July...I need a reprieve!

No comments: