Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Sad day

Most of you don't know this person but a very dear person to my heart whom I have known for the better part of almost 20 years has had a very hard and trying last few months. She and her husband were pregnant and found out fairly early on that the baby would not be born alive due to genetic abnormalities. They had decided to go full term and donate any viable organs to another child in need. Later on in the pregnancy they found out that wasn't even an option. Well Monday night she had her baby. And I am not sure of the details, how long he was with them or even the delivery method but the funeral for the family is Thursday.

I can't imagine going through what they are dealing with. We had a LOT of issues with our pregnancy with Jacob and there were points where they told us he would not be viable either. But his circumstance turned out different and he is healthy and fine today. I know deep down in my heart that is one of the biggest reasons why we haven't tried for a 2nd yet either. That emotional roller coaster we dealt with then has really had a profound effect on me and I didn't realize that until I heard about my friend. I guess I buried it down and didn't really deal with it all and now its on the surface scaring the crap out of me again since we have been "talking" about another kid in the near future. But I know if my friend can come out the other end of this ok, then I can to. Please keep her and her family in your prayers please!

No comments: