Sunday, October 12, 2008

validation

So sometimes as a stay at home mom you question a lot of why you chose that route and the sacrifices you may have made in the "real world" to do as such. Although at times I miss working a full time job I can honestly say I wouldn't change the way my life has worked out at all.

The other night, say 2am-ish, I kept hearing Jacob cough. I am a light sleeper to begin with, even with my sleepy pills, but I was in and out of a doze since he has a little cold. He tiptoed into our room and started rubbing my back and then asked so very nicely "Mommy, I didn't want to wake you but my cough is keeping me up....can you get me some water please?". When asked like that by a 4 year old how could I not!

After getting him some water, and also some cough medicine (I try not to give him too much but it was bothering him obviously) I tucked him back in and he said ..."wait Mommy....one more hug" then he said the 5 words that meant the most "thank you, I love you". That in itself meant the most to me and validated why I am doing what I do.

2 comments:

The Powers Family said...

I am sure that warmed your heart! I hope he is feeling better now!

The Johnson's said...

Makes me teary. I feel the same way. When the boys are all grown up, I am sure we won't regret staying home with them even one little bit. This is precious time! Enjoy it.