Monday, June 16, 2008

And speaking of cars......car dealers!

Ok, so I didn't expect to rant so quickly after my first rant...but CAR DEALERS! It truly is the melting pot of society and well, glad we found the guy we did.

Seeing that Mark and I are both from sales backgrounds I was really disenchanted with their approaches. I did 99% of my searching from my home courtesy of the internet and thank God I did! It was amazing how many of them would tell you one thing and then go back on it. One guy told me his price was firm, which I know it wasn't, and then the next day, it dropped $1k online! Then we met Nicolas Cage of car dealers.....well it really could have passed for him! He sounded like him and looked like him it was quite eerie. Mark was in love I think. Other ones were trying to be so smooth they really didn't know what to think when I was not impressed. Others tried to impress us with their car knowledge....(ME) "Really, that strap on the hatch is to pull it down....I would have never guessed it". DUH! I had to be dumbed down, I can do it on my own!

But I have to say dealing with the Internet Sales guys was much easier. They didn't hunt you down as you walked on the lot, they did their business online, no commitment. We really liked our guy we ended up buying our car from The night before we were to come down to check out the cars, they ended up selling the one we wanted. He called and basically told me that he wanted to sell us one and would make amends for that. So he pulled another $1k and met another price I found for the same vehicle.....and he was easy to deal with. Easy is nice. So my advice....go the internet route...avoid personal interaction. It will only give you a headache in the end!

No comments: