Tuesday, June 17, 2008

....soccer...

So....with the new title of "soccer mom" has come some responsibility....teach my child a little about soccer. And to think it began so innocently, little kick here and there. No big deal. Admiring my son's ability to kick and run with such fervor it left Mark and I wondering where he got his coordination.

Then Jacob wanted to do big kicks back and forth. So Jacob went to the other side of the yard and I had the ball to kick to him. Not being the most coordinated being, I kicked and what happened next still has me realing. The ball was going perfectly and should have landed at his feet...yes it caught air. But the projectory was a bit off and I watched the soccer ball cream Jacob in the face and knock him ass over tea kettle. I did it, I killed my kid. Well not really but as bad as I felt, it seemed no different. The ball knocked him litterally off his feet. With a few tears and me apologizing over and over we went back to playing. He was no worse for the wear but looking at the imprint on the side of his face made my stomach churn.

This morning there are no soccer imprints on his face and he looks no worse for the wear. I guess the title of "soccer mom" comes at a price....first the mini van and now this? What's next.... giving the boy scouts the flu?

1 comment:

jmason said...

Yay...I just found you!! Congrats on the mini-van(haha)and sorry to hear about Jacob...poor cutie!!